Nowadays, printers are so common that you can find them in almost every house, shop, etc. There are many kinds of advanced printers like colored, black & White. Students need their notes to be printed, a shopkeeper needs to print bills and big companies need printers to print many things. Sometimes, you can face an error on your canon printer while printing something. If you are facing this issue then you are at the right place, we will tell you about some methods of resolving this issue. Follow the steps carefully.
1.) Restart your canon printer
There can be some reasons for the error state. So, at first, you should try to follow the easiest method for resolving the issue.
- Restart your computer and your canon printer as well.
- Wait for two minutes.
- Try to print the page again.
You should try this at first and check if this works or not. If yes, then you are good to use. If not, then try the other methods (mentioned below).
2.) Fixing the Ports
We will be checking the ports settings and will make the required changes. Follow the below steps carefully –
- Open the device manager on your PC (right-click on the Start).
- On the device manager window, click on the view button and then click on the ‘Show hidden devices’ option.
- Now, you will see a ‘Ports (COM & LPT)’ option, right-click on it.
- Select properties and click on the port settings.
- Now, choose the ‘Use any interrupt assigned to Port’ option and select the ‘Enable Legacy Plug and Play Detection’ box.
- Click on the OK button now.
- Restart your PC.
- Print the page and check if the issue is there or not.
This method usually works and you should try it. If there is still an error then don’t worry, we have got you covered. Try other fixes.
3.) Check the Connection
If you are using a wireless canon printer and facing the error state. There can be a possibility there’s a connection issue.
- Make sure that your computer and Canon printer are connected to the same network.
- Check that your wifi router is not at a big distance from your printer.
- Try using a good quality router and a strong network.
- Restart your PC and Canon printer.
- Try printing the page now.
Check all of the above points and your error issue may be resolved. if the issue is not resolved then check out why my canon printer is not printing and how to get it printing again.
4.) Reinstalling the Printer Driver
There can be something wrong with your printer driver. Reinstalling the driver can fix the error state in your canon printer. Here are the steps –
- Uninstall the current canon printer driver.
- Open Settings on your PC.
- Click on the devices option and then on the Printers & Scanners.
- Now, you will see your canon printer name. Click on it and then click on remove device. You will be asked to uninstall the printer driver, choose yes.
- You have successfully removed the printer driver from your system.
- Open your web browser and go to the canon official website.
- Enter your printer model on the search bar and you will get your printer’s driver.
- Download your canon printer driver.
- Once you have downloaded the file, go to your download section and double click on the downloaded file (for installation).
- Click on install and finish the process.
- Now, try to print the pages and check if your issue is removed or not.
5.) Setting the Print Spooler services
This is another solution to the canon printer error state problem. We will change the print spooler service to automatic in this solution.
- Press Windows+R keys to open RUN and type services.msc, press enter.
- Now, look for the Print Spooler option and right-click on it.
- Click on the properties option.
- Now, change the startup type to automatic from the menu. Click on the apply and OK button.
- Restart your PC now.
- Check if the problem is solved or not.
We have some more methods for you. If these are not working in your case try the next ones if you have an error code like canon b200 error code then try the steps below.
6.) Ink level or Paper Jammed
If your cartridge is out of ink or a paper is stuck in the printer, you may see the error state on your canon printer.
So, if you face the issue, first of all, check the ink level on your printer. Check your cartridge, there is ink available or not. If not, then you need to get the ink and your issue will be solved.
Secondly, if the ink level is good then you should look if any paper is stuck in the printer. This can happen if you have not put the paper carefully. Resolve this issue and you will not see the error state on your canon printer.
7.) Using Printer Troubleshooter
Sometimes, you may not be able to find the issue and in that case, you should run a troubleshooter. Troubleshooters usually look for the issue and fix them by themselves.
- Open settings and click on the Update & Security option.
- Now, look for the Printer troubleshooter option (search it).
- Run the troubleshooter and wait for some time.
- Troubleshooters may find the problem and will fix it automatically.
- Now, try to print the page and see if the error is removed or not. If the error is still there, click on the report and you will be able to see the reason for the error.
These are some methods for fixing the canon printer error state. We hope that these methods will help you and you will get rid of the issue. We have tried to provide easy steps and methods.
Feel free to comment down, if you know about any unique method of this problem. Share your thoughts on this article in the comment section.
Share this article with your friends and family who are facing this issue.
Thanks for reading