We all use printers for some reason or the other. Any official document requires a hard copy, and that can be generated using the printer. Printers are present everywhere, at homes, in shops and in offices too. Just like any other important device, if a printer shows an error or stops working, your work gets delayed, and no one can stop numerous troubles coming your way.
Just like that, you will face a problem saying that your brother’s printer doesn’t connect to the wireless. If you are facing this problem, then below are the detailed step-by-step solutions to solve this problem without panicking or delaying your work.
If you want easy and quick solutions to the problems that you are facing with your brother printer, then read below to know more about how you can fix the problem. Sit back, relax, and go through all the steps.
Why is it wrong with Brother Printer?
There are many reasons why this problem arises. It may be due to the issues present in the printer or in the wireless network, or the problem may be on the computer too. There are many methods to fix this problem. Below are the methods.
METHODS THAT YOU SHOULD FOLLOW WHEN YOUR BROTHER PRINTER DOESN’T CONNECT TO THE WIRELESS:
METHOD 1: CONFIGURING THE WIRELESS SETTINGS-
With the help of this method, your problem may solve.
- First of all, you need to connect your brother printer to the source using the AC power cord.
- Then it would help if you connected the printer to the AC power outlet. Then switch on the machine but keep it in mind that you are not connecting the USB cable.
- The third step is to turn on your computer.
- Insert the CD-ROM given in the particular drive in the computer.
- You have to know the complete wireless settings to configure them. By understanding this fact, you will be able to do the configurations better.
here is how to connect brother printer to wifi using simple steps.
CHECK THE WIFI NAME AND PASSWORD
Most of printer users face the problem of their printer not connecting with the wireless. This may happen due to an invalid WIFI username and password. Enter the correct credentials.
you can also find brother printer default password and use it to log in to the brother printer console.
RESET THE NETWORK
If you are not able to solve the problem even after entering the correct login credentials, then reset the network.
- Turn on your brother’s printer.
- Then press the home button, go to the network option using the up and down arrow, and press ok.
- Then select the reset option with the down key and press ok.
- Press the yes button when you get the notification.
- Once you have completed the reset, then set up the WIFI on the brother printer.
CHANGE THE ENCRYPTION TYPE
It may sometimes happen that, due to the encryption issue, the brother printer doesn’t connect to the wireless. This may happen if your adapter is not compatible with the WPA/WPA2 encryption type. To change the encryption type, follow the steps below:
- First, go to the wireless settings on your router admin panel.
- Then choose WEP 64-bit from the drop-down menu.
- Then type the key and click on the generate button.
- After this, you will get to see a hexadecimal password. You may set it as your WIFI password.
CHECK IF THE PRINTER IS CONNECTED TO THE WIRELESS NETWORK FOR THE FIRST TIME OR NOT
- This issue may happen if the brother printer is connected to the wireless network for the first time. Below are the steps to connect your machine to the wireless network with a router:
- First, turn off your brother’s printer and wait for a few minutes. Then turn it on again so that the machine joins the network again.
- If the above step doesn’t work, use the network connection repair tool to troubleshoot and find the issue and solve it.
USE WPS OPTION TO CONNECT WIFI NETWORK
First, check and then locate the WPS option on your WIFI router.
- Then press the set up a wireless button on your router.
- The LED above it will start blinking.
- Then move to your printer and press the WPS option on it.
- After this, your printer will go to the WIFI set-up mode.
- Then check for confirmation and check the LED light on the router. This indicates that the connection has been set up.
you can also check out detailed steps at brother printer wifi setup
UPDATE THE DRIVER OF YOUR PRINTER
- Note the printer model number.
- Go to the brother printer’s official website.
- Locate the section present with printer drivers.
- Go through and find the particular model name.
- Then download the latest driver update for your printer.
SWITCH THE WIFI CHANNEL TO 9 OR 11
Even if, after following all the above steps, your problem isn’t solved, then you need to broadcast an issue. It will be easy if you change your broadcasting channel on your WIFI. Make it on 9 or 11.
- Go to the WIFI settings on your WIFI router again.
- Then choose channel 11 on your drop-down menu and press on apply changes.
We have mentioned above all the steps to follow while you are facing the above problem. Those are detailed descriptions of the steps you need to follow to get through the problem. You can also contact the Tech Support Expert team to get quick solutions to the problem.