Malware and virus are some online threats that can harm the users while surfing on the web, and from the protection from all these online threats, one must require the best antivirus software, and Avast is one of the best choices for the users to safeguard their system. Avast services are highly enjoyed by users.
But it does not mean Avast is free from all kinds of issues and errors. One may encounter various problems while utilizing the Avast antivirus software.
One of the antivirus software errors is Avast service high disk Usage that hampers your system performance. Due to the high disk usage, it slows down your system speed. If you are facing the same problem, then don’t worry. There are many solutions for you to tackle this problem.
So, keep reading the write-up and solve your issue and checkout this post if avast won’t open then try this.
How to fix Avast service high disk Usage
But first, let’s look at the steps to check how much Avast is using the disk space.
- First of all, you need to right-click on the taskbar.
- In the next step, click on Task Manager to open it.
- Now, search how much CPU is Avast utilizing by searching for it under the Background Processes.
And in case you Avast in using huge amount of disk space, then try the given solutions to fix it.
Remove Avast Cleanup
Installing Avast comes up with several other components. And Avast Cleanup is one of them. And you can resolve your issue by removing the Avast Cleanup service. The given steps will help you to remove the Avast Cleanup.
- Initially, you need to double-click on the Avast icon to open the Avast tool.
- In the next step, open Settings.
- Now, you need to click on the Components.
- After that, select Cleanup and click on the down-arrow symbol.
- Select Uninstall component.
- If prompt, click on the Yes option to continue the process.
You can check the performance by using Task Manager.
Repair the tool
If the above solution does not work for you and the issue still occurs, then try this one out. Go through the given steps to repair the tool.
- Initially, open the Control Panel.
- In the next step, you need to open the Avast.
- Right-click on it and select the Repair option.
- You need to click on the Repair icon.
- You are required to click on the Next option to complete the repair process.
- Choose Confirm option and then the Finish option.
- Last, restart Avast and also Restart the system.
You can check the disk space by using Task Manager.
Stop Avast Screensaver Scanning
Look at the steps to stop Avast Screensaver Scanning.
- At first, you need to open File Explorer.
- In the next step, open any suitable file and start scanning with Avast.
- By this, the Avast control center will show the random of files ends that are being examined.
- By investigating the files, you will know why the CPU usage is too high.
- Next, you are required to open the Avast Screensaver scan.
- You need to select the Stop button.
- Return and actually look at the current CPU use in the Task Manager.
Solution 4: Update the latest version of Avast
Sometimes outdated version is also responsible for the problem. So, check for the latest version. And if there is any recent update, then update your Avast version. To do so, try the given steps.
- Firstly, open the Avast tool by double-clicking on the Avast icon.
- In the next step, open the Settings menu.
- Now, you are required to click on the General icon from the left.
- Here you will see the update option.
- Click the CHECK FOR UPDATES button for the primary choice which is information base update. The updates will begin the most common way of moving up to another variant.
- Next, you need to Click the CHECK FOR UPDATES button for the subsequent choice which is application update.
- The updates will be done properly once the guidelines on the wizard are kept.
- Once done, restart the PC.
Avast offers you protection against viruses and malware. Sometimes, you may face some problems with the Avast antivirus software. And to solve the Avast high disk space usage issue, we have provided you with some solutions. So, give them a try.